turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have two W-2s from workin in TWO states but not 3, and one of my W-2s is empty in box 1. How should I enter the information? I'm told that I cant e file if box 1 is empty but am also told that conso

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
SusanY1
Employee Tax Expert

I have two W-2s from workin in TWO states but not 3, and one of my W-2s is empty in box 1. How should I enter the information? I'm told that I cant e file if box 1 is empty but am also told that conso

Often, when you work in more than one state for the same employer they will provide a second W-2 that is more like a continuation of the first. 

To enter it into TurboTax, you only need to enter the information in Box 15, Box 16, and Box 17.  Include this information with your first W-2.  Follow these steps:

1. Click on Wages & Income.
  2. Click on Review/Edit.
  3. Click on Edit/Add beside the name of your employer under Job (W-2).
  4. Click on Edit again beside your employer and scroll down to State & local taxes and click on +Add another Row below Box 15 and add the additional information from your second W-2.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies