Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have TurboTax Home&Business 2016 - I have a single-member LLC under which I trade stocks & options. How do I enter my trading transactions as business income? Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RichardG

I have TurboTax Home&Business 2016 - I have a single-member LLC under which I trade stocks & options. How do I enter my trading transactions as business income? Thanks

If your LLC is a disregarded entity (it probably is), report your stock transactions on Schedule D and Form 8949 the same as though the LLC did not exist.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RichardG

If your LLC is a disregarded entity (it probably is), report your stock transactions on Schedule D and Form 8949 the same as though the LLC did not exist.  

mo932

Thank you very much for your advice about reporting the pass-through LLC's stock trading transactions on our personal Schedule D and Form 8949. Do we still need to enter any income data for this type of LLC into Schedule C - Part 1 Income? Also, can we still show the LLC's expenses in Schedule C - Part 2 Expenses?

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

No, you won't enter this income as Schedule C income and you won't claim any investment expenses in Schedule C. You can enter other ordinary and necessary expenses regarding your business income but not your investment expenses. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies