turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

fairfaxm

I have to file 2017 taxes and I was an independent contractor using my car to deliver newspapers - what tax product Also I have a Chromebook - is that windows?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I have to file 2017 taxes and I was an independent contractor using my car to deliver newspapers - what tax product Also I have a Chromebook - is that windows?

No.  A Chromebook is not Windows and not Mac.  You need a real full Windows or Mac computer to install Turbo Tax.  Maybe a friend or family has a Desktop computer?

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

You cannot use TurboTax Online to file for 2017. TurboTax Online is only for the current tax year, which is now 2019. To file for 2017 you have to use the CD or download TurboTax software for 2017. You can purchase a download at the following link.

Past Years' Products - 2017

You might get a better price from a reputable online seller that still has TurboTax for 2017 in stock.

You can use TurboTax Deluxe, Premier, or Home & Business, but Home & Business will give you the most help and guidance for filing as an independent contractor.

Tax returns for past years cannot be e-filed. You will have to print your 2017 tax return, sign it, and file it by mail. The IRS stopped processing mailed tax returns for several months because of the Covid-19 pandemic. They just recently started to process them again, but they have limited staff and a huge backlog, so it will be quite a while before your 2017 tax return is processed.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies