Re: I have no w2, I'm on disability but I took out...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
19scooter63

I have no w2, I'm on disability but I took out money from my Ira and gave my son a 15000$ gift of love to buy a house. I just want to see how much tax I will owe?

2 Replies
DoninGA
Level 15

I have no w2, I'm on disability but I took out money from my Ira and gave my son a 15000$ gift of love to buy a house. I just want to see how much tax I will owe?

The gift to your son of $15,000 is not reported on your tax return.  Nor do you have to file a Form 709 for the gift given since it was not over $15,000.

If you receive Social Security Disability benefits you will receive a Form SSA-1099 in January.  Also in January you will receive a form 1099-R for the withdrawal from the IRA.  The taxable amount of the withdrawal is entered on your tax return as ordinary income.  Both the Form SSA-1099 and the Form 1099-R are entered on your tax return.  

Up to 85% of Social Security Retirement/Disability/Survivors benefits becomes taxable when all your other income plus 1/2 your social security reaches:

• Married Filing Jointly - $32,000
  • Single or Head of Household - $25,000
  • Married Filing Separately - 0

If your taxable income is greater than the standard deduction for your filing status then you will have a tax liability and if you did not have any tax payment or the tax payments were less than your tax liability you will have taxes owed.

Standard deductions for 2019

• Single - $12,200 add $1,650 if age 65 or older
  • Married Filing Separately - $12,200 add $1,300 if age 65 or older
  • Married Filing Jointly - $24,400 add $1,300 for each spouse age 65 or older
  • Head of Household - $18,350 add $1,650 if age 65 or older
DoninGA
Level 15

To enter Social Security benefits reported on form SSA-1099

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
  • On Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099), click the start or update button

Or enter ssa-1099 in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to ssa-1099

To enter, edit or delete a form 1099-R -

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
  • On IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R), click the start or update button

Or enter 1099-r in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to 1099-R

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings