turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gaige5050

I have my turbo tax and it somehow is merged with my intuit account for my old job - can i transfer ownership of just that part off intuit?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I have my turbo tax and it somehow is merged with my intuit account for my old job - can i transfer ownership of just that part off intuit?

Not quite sure what you are talking about.  Do you mean that the interview screen is asking if you have a W-2 from an old employer for whom you no longer worked in 2020?  You can delete that employer if there will not be a W-2 for them.  But ----did you receive any income from that employer in 2020?  Employers have until January 31 to issue 2020 W-2's.

ALL of your 2020 income has to be entered on the same tax return.  So when you start receiving W-2's, make sure you enter all of them before you file the return.  After the first one is entered, you click Add W-2 and keep entering until ALL W-2's for the tax year are in.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@xmasbaby0 

As a guess...Might be Intuit Payroll services....I think employees of small companies that use that Intuit Payroll site can access their own wage ( & W-2? ) info there on some sort of access page.

But I have no idea how it works, or whether former employees can cancel/separate out their logins.  Intuit keeps trying to implement one login for everything.

https://payroll.intuit.com/prp/home_page/

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies