turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have filed my state return and I don’t understand why I am being asked to owe so much. Where can I go for some assistance?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

I have filed my state return and I don’t understand why I am being asked to owe so much. Where can I go for some assistance?

It may be that you might want to engage the services of TurboTax Live, wherein you would be able to speak to a credentialed tax professional about your return which the tax professional will be able to see if you are using the TurboTax online product. See this TurboTax video for a description of what TurboTax Live can do for you.

Otherwise, since we in the Community cannot see your private tax data, the only thing we could recommend is to compare your 2019 and 2020 state returns line by line to identify a big difference. You may find a typo or other data entry error.

And, of course, if you find something specific, you can ask about it here in the Community.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Which state?  Some still tax unemployment comp in full, but you may not have had any state taxes withheld from it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies