turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I had Turbo Tax transfer my info to IRS. I paid them by credit card. But Turbo still asking me how do I wish to pay the Feds

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I had Turbo Tax transfer my info to IRS. I paid them by credit card. But Turbo still asking me how do I wish to pay the Feds

If you already successfully efiled why are you wandering around the program again?   The program only sends your payment info to the feds but they are never informed if the payment ever happened. 

And did the IRS complete the payment yet ?   Check your CC statement. 

Why does my TT account say I still owe tax due?

TT does not update after your return has been accepted.  Your account will always show the result of the return you prepared using the software.  TurboTax never knows if you received your refund —or how, when or even if you paid tax due.  Your proof that you paid your tax will be your own bank/credit card records.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I don't think you can pay taxes due with a credit card from within the TT program (only the TT fees).  You have to go here:

Pay Your Taxes by Debit or Credit Card or Digital Wallet | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov)

Is that what you did?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies