Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

baddchad14
Returning Member

I got my tax refund and first stimulus payment thru turbotax payment service to my bank account. Where will the new payment go?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

I got my tax refund and first stimulus payment thru turbotax payment service to my bank account. Where will the new payment go?

The IRS will use the same banking information for the 2nd stimulus that they used for the first one.  If that account (or card) is closed then the stimulus will go back to the IRS and they will mail you a check.

See this information from the IRS:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/treasury-and-irs-begin-delivering-second-round-of-economic-impact-payme...

From the IRS:

How do I find out if the IRS is sending me a payment?

People can check the status of both their first and second payments by using the Get My Payment tool, available in English and Spanish only on IRS.gov. The tool is being updated with new information, and the IRS anticipates the tool will be available again in a few days for taxpayers.

How will the IRS know where to send my payment? What if I changed bank accounts?

The IRS will use the data already in our systems to send the new payments. Taxpayers with direct deposit information on file will receive the payment that way. For those without current direct deposit information on file, they will receive the payment as a check or debit card in the mail. For those eligible but who don’t receive the payment for any reason, it can be claimed by filing a 2020 tax return in 2021. Remember, the Economic Impact Payments are an advance payment of what will be called the Recovery Rebate Credit on the 2020 Form 1040 or Form 1040-SR.

Where can I get more information?

For more information about Economic Impact Payments and the 2020 Recovery Rebate, key information will be posted on IRS.gov/eip. Later this week, you may check the status of your payment at IRS.gov/GetMyPayment. For other COVID-19-related tax relief, visit IRS.gov/Coronavirus.

P.S.   If you just do not KNOW what account you had your 1st stimulus deposited to, please look at either your own tax return from the past year or at the filing instruction sheet that is part of the pdf for that return.  The banking information you used is there.  We cannot look it up for you.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
baddchad14
Returning Member

That was thru turbotax which uses a third part to process payments.  So will it go to them, the 3rd party, will appear as closed or what.  They answer isn't good enough

It will end up going back to the IRS and the IRS will mail you a check or a debit card.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
baddchad14
Returning Member

And I do not have an address at this point in time.  And if it goes to my address that was used while filing taxes well then it gets stolen and someone else will use it, apt complex is full of people defrauding government

baddchad14
Returning Member

So why didn't my last stimulus check go back and get reissued that way.  It went right intoy bank account, but I did get it immediately when they started paying it, but nothing yet that's why I am concerned

At the beginning of the week the IRS will have the site ready so you can check on your stimulus money.  We cannot see all the complexities of your move, your expired/closed cards etc. in this forum.  We can give you the general guidelines which have been provided

See this information from the IRS:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/treasury-and-irs-begin-delivering-second-round-of-economic-impact-payme...

For more information about Economic Impact Payments and the 2020 Recovery Rebate, key information will be posted on IRS.gov/eip. Later this week, you may check the status of your payment at IRS.gov/GetMyPayment. For other COVID-19-related tax relief, visit IRS.gov/Coronavirus.

baddchad14
Returning Member

I got my last year stimulus right away deposited in my bank account the one I used for my tax return filed on turbotax.  Alot of others getting their payments from IRS, but I haven't gotten anything at all yet.  And my bank is one that gives pay or gov't benefits two days in advance.  Yet I have nothing although they do not release deposits on weekends that may be the issue but I won't know til Monday.  Alot of variables I understand would be hard to decipher but I hope Monday I will get more info.  

baddchad14
Returning Member

Okay I just downloaded my tax forms from turbotax to check where the refund was sent, it has the routing and account number to my checking account that is still open and actively being used for VA benefits deposit monthly.  So that should also be where my second stimulus payment should be sent as well is that correct?

The IRS will use the same banking information for the 2nd stimulus that they used for the 1st one.  You might get payroll deposits "early" on that card----but do not expect the IRS to be "early."  The IRS says that 2nd stimulus payments will go out by January 15.  TurboTax cannot track it for you.  TurboTax has NO involvement or control over your stimulus check.

Try the IRS site:

IRS.gov/GetMyPayment.

baddchad14
Returning Member

The get my payment shows my last payment went to my bank, so that's good news I suppose, however they have no information on the new payment for whatever reason, but I think that's good I at least know where the payment should go this time around.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies