Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sbeeler12

I get a PIN number from the IRS each year for identity protection. I did not include it anywhere on my information. Where should I have included it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
JohnW222
Expert Alumni

I get a PIN number from the IRS each year for identity protection. I did not include it anywhere on my information. Where should I have included it?

Please see the TurboTax Help article How do I add or remove my 6-digit IP PIN?for guidance in entering your PIN number.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
abber
Returning Member

how do I get to the first part..i go onto my taxes sign in nut can't do anything else...they were completed yesterday and all I can access is the download 

DeanM15
Expert Alumni

If you filed your taxes, you will need to wait for the IRS to reject your return. Then you can go in and add the IP-PIN to fix it. 

To enter an IRS Identity Protection PIN in a non-filed tax return:

• You should be signed in and working in TurboTax
  • Click on Other Tax Situations in the left-hand black menu
  • Click on Show More next to Other Return Information
  • Click on Start or Revisit next to Identity Protection PIN
abber
Returning Member

this is what I get when logged in tax home, documents, intuit account give me no options when I click on them other to edit acct info or download/print completed returns

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Was your return already accepted?  If so, there is nothing that needs to be done.  

To check on the status of your tax return, just log back into your Turbo Tax account. You will see the status of your tax return on the first page. 

If there is an issue with your return, follow the on screen directions to make any corrections that are needed.

abber
Returning Member

no it hasn't been mailed I wanted to efile that's why I wanted to add irs pin no.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

If you need an IP (Identity Protection) PIN to file your taxes, you can retrieve your IP PIN online. Please click on this link: Get an IP PIN

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies