turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed with Turbotax for 2017 and turbotax says I have never filed with them, why.

I have filed with Turbo Tax since 2008 still no records.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I filed with Turbotax for 2017 and turbotax says I have never filed with them, why.

Possibilities:

1) You were using the Desktop software those other years.  The Online software does not know about any filings using the Desktop software...even though e-files go "thru" the TTX servers.

or

2) You did use the Online software for those earlier year, but You've logged into a different/new UserID account now.  In order to see those prior year tax files, it is critical that you log into your TTX account using the same account Every year.   IF you log into a different account, then that new account does not see that you filed in prior years....because you are in the wrong place.  Find your other account and log in there.

Follow these directions to find a  (make sure you are entirely logged out of any TTX account first):

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/account-management/help/how-many-turbotax-accounts-do-i-have/00/26...

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies