Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed Turbo tax how can I wave any filing cost?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Why do you think your filing cost can be waved? The fee is for the use of the TurboTax program to prepare your tax return.  There is no additional fee for filing the return when using the online product. 

Tawnie58

You Advertised it was free, but then I was forced to pay for it. Now I can't complete the filing because I can't find my 2018 docs.  I have my W-2 and can give my gross income.

Please advise what I can do as taxes are due next week.

Thank you,

Connie Guy

You need your 2018 AGI from line 7 of your 2018 tax return in order to e-file.  Your AGI is not on your W-2.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-access-my-prior-year-return/00/270...

You can get a free transcript from the IRS:   

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

The other thing you can try, is use zero for the AGI.  But if zero will not work then you cannot e-file.  That means you have to print, sign and mail your 2019 return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Amylyn6078
Returning Member

I also filed using turbo tax because it advertised as free. Halfway in they said I had to change to $60 version then when finished they said it was $50 to file state. After paying this there was a $40 charge for them to process my refund thru bank account. When I tried to pay 3 other ways to pay the program would not accept a payment from any of the three. So they got me for $150.00. Big ripoff and false advertising. Do not recommend at all. 

Screenshot_20200715-222439_Samsung Internet.jpg

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Click on the link there in blue - simple tax returns.  It explains the following:

TurboTax Free Edition (and TurboTax Live Basic) are intended for taxpayers with very simple returns that can fit on the new 1040 form without any schedules.

If we detect that your tax situation requires expanded coverage, like deductions for owning a home or self-employment income, we'll prompt you to upgrade to a version that supports the forms you need so we can maximize your tax deductions and ensure you file an accurate return.

Depending on what your tax situation was last year, you might need to use new tax forms to claim the same deductions, credits, or forms of income. Some of the situations that are now in TurboTax Deluxe and TurboTax Live Deluxe, instead of in Free Edition, include:

Go here for more info on which forms are included in TurboTax Free Edition.

Related Information:

@Amylyn6078

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies