turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed through turbo tax but now the red bars on where's my refund are gone.

I filed through turbotax early Feb. It was accepted and showed that the 28th was the likely return by time. Well that date has passed and the "where's my refund" irs tracker no longer has the 3 red bars tracking progress, instead it says it is still being reviewed.

I thought long and hard about what the issue can be and I realized when i filed this years taxes your program did not ask me for my health insurance information. I have a 1095-b form that needs to be entered that is, I am assuming, the cause of the hold up.

The problem here is when I select amend and then health insurance the program just takes me to personal information page to enter my name ect. There is seemingly no way for me to get to the health insurance page. What should I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

That is not the issue and you do not have to amend for that.  Form 1095-B does not get reported on your tax return; keep it with your tax records.  The only health insurance forms that are entered are Form 1095-As.  Since you started an amendment, you should cancel it first.  

The IRS is the only one who knows why your return is being reviewed.  What I can tell you is that it is not that uncommon to have your return reviewed.  All you can do is wait and let them complete their review.  If they require any changes, they will notify you in writing.  You can contact them, but it is unlikely that they will tell you anything other than 'we are reviewing your return'.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

That is not the issue and you do not have to amend for that.  Form 1095-B does not get reported on your tax return; keep it with your tax records.  The only health insurance forms that are entered are Form 1095-As.  Since you started an amendment, you should cancel it first.  

The IRS is the only one who knows why your return is being reviewed.  What I can tell you is that it is not that uncommon to have your return reviewed.  All you can do is wait and let them complete their review.  If they require any changes, they will notify you in writing.  You can contact them, but it is unlikely that they will tell you anything other than 'we are reviewing your return'.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies