turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

fatchic33

I filed my taxes 2016,2017 on my own account. 2018 I filed with my husband on another account. Now I am unable to access my 2016 and 2017 account without registering.help

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

I filed my taxes 2016,2017 on my own account. 2018 I filed with my husband on another account. Now I am unable to access my 2016 and 2017 account without registering.help

You should be able to sign in to your old account with your old username and password. If you are having trouble, please review this article. It even has a form you can fill out if you no longer have access to anything connected with the account. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

So...register the account to get access...there is no fee to do so any longer. 

fatchic33

It says it takes 45 days to gain access again. Was wondering if there’s a way I can receive it faster 

If you’re planning to file with TurboTax this year, you’ll get access to your prior year returns through Your tax returns & documents after you register with TurboTax.

To access:

1. Choose TurboTax Free Edition when starting if you haven't already done so.
  2. Follow the screens and provide some personal info.
  3. When you’ve reached the Personal info summary screen, select Continue.
  4. Then, select File in the left-hand menu (this is just a step in order to register, you won’t actually be filing).
  5. Continue until you get to Review your order and select 
  6. Select View payment options.
  7. Then continue until you get to the registration screen.
  8. Enter your info and select Register, then Continue.
  9. Go to Tax Home in the left-hand menu.
  10. Under Your tax returns & documents, go to Download/print return (PDF) (select Show if not visible).

For tax year 2019 there is NO requirement to purchase any 2019 online edition, nor is there a requirement that you must file a 2019 tax return using the online editions before you can access to a prior year online return.

Choose the FREE version and then log in ... do not upgrade. https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

You only need to register the 2019 online account to access the prior year online tax returns.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for accessing prior year online tax returns - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-access-my-prior-year-return/01/270...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies