turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

enzogenx

I filed my NJ State taxes and i should be owed $5,739. Online is shows approved but then say " We approved your refund in the amount of $0.00 as of." Why is this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed my NJ State taxes and i should be owed $5,739. Online is shows approved but then say " We approved your refund in the amount of $0.00 as of." Why is this?

no one here knows why.  TT does not receive any updates once a return has been accepted (e-filed) or mailed.

the only way for you to find out is to call them 

pk
Level 15
Level 15

@enzogenx , agreeing with @Anonymous  and adding  that (a) no one anywhere would know the reason for the amount of refund when you prepare the return yourself --- it is a confidential agreement between you and state taxing authority;  (b) we cannot see your  return and  even if we could , we still would not know the reason for the State's  decision -- we can only conjecture ( and mostly fruitless );  (c)  the State usually would send you something in the mail telling your their reason for the difference and (d) the best you can do is to call the  State Treasury / DOR and they  ( perhaps  you have to wait for a bit on the phone ) will surely answer your query.  All the States I have ever dealt with   ( not NJ recently though )  are usually quite helpful.   Please call the DOR

dmertz
Level 15

Did your Form NJ-1040 tax return indicate on line 64 that your overpayment is to be credited toward your next year's tax, reducing your refund to zero?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies