turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

girlduke2

I filed in February with $18,000 in unemployment , paid taxes on that amount. Have not received an adjustment Will I get adjustment? should I file admended return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I filed in February with $18,000 in unemployment , paid taxes on that amount. Have not received an adjustment Will I get adjustment? should I file admended return?

If you amend (but do not send) your return your will see if you have any adjustment coming.   Don't make any changes to your information, just start the amend and the software will make any adjustments for the $10,200 exemption.

The IRS is trying to get all of those refunds out by December 9.  If you file an amend, it could make your return take a lot longer to process.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

If you amend (but do not send) your return your will see if you have any adjustment coming.   Don't make any changes to your information, just start the amend and the software will make any adjustments for the $10,200 exemption.

The IRS is trying to get all of those refunds out by December 9.  If you file an amend, it could make your return take a lot longer to process.

girlduke2

Wow- that was so helpful .

thank you !

How do you know about the December 9 target date?  I have not seen it on the IRS website or in the news, etc.

I know it is not published.  I just have some personal friends that work for the IRS and were given that target date back in September when everything was not completed by the end of summer.

Thanks for the reply George.  Much appreciated.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies