Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gwlewis

I filed for an extension and paid my federal taxes several days ago. My TurboTax screen shows $1 tax owed. However, my bank has not yet been debited with the taxes.

1. When will I see the debit on my account? 2. Where can I see in TT the exact amount that should have been paid?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

I filed for an extension and paid my federal taxes several days ago. My TurboTax screen shows $1 tax owed. However, my bank has not yet been debited with the taxes.

1. Once you send your return to the IRS, TurboTax has no access to your information. You'll see the debit in your account when the IRS withdraws the money from your account. 
  2. The amount to be withdrawn is on Form 1040, Line 37 Amount you owe.

Funds are usually withdrawn on the payment date you specify in TurboTax, assuming your e-filed return has already been accepted (received) by the IRS. If that date falls on a weekend or federal holiday, the funds are typically withdrawn the next business day.

To see the account, routing number and date for the direct debit, it should be printed on your return. 

It's also on Part V of the Federal Information Worksheet. Scroll down for Direct Deposit or payment and banking information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
gwlewis

Where do I find Form 1040 Line 37? Since I filed for an extension I don't seem to have access to the final tax form. All I have is a menu of Wages & Income / Deductions & Credit etc on the top but I cannot get to the tax form so I can find 1040.

Also, I cannot navigate myself to Part V Federal Information Worksheet either. How do I get there? 

My biggest concern is that I cannot see the money debited that should have been paid to the IRS.

I am totally new to this; my husband usually does this but he is very ill. 

Despite paying taxes a few days ago, a tax prep system usually automatically sets the payment for the last final day which is the 18th. Are you having problems navigating through the system in general? if so, try adding a state in the home screen. It will take you back to the input screens and where you can preview your 1040.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies