Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

patsyp6

I earned around $60,000 in 2017 but Turbo Tax is showing I only earned $1,700 in 2017 on the tax form I'm trying to file for 2018. How do I fix this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I earned around $60,000 in 2017 but Turbo Tax is showing I only earned $1,700 in 2017 on the tax form I'm trying to file for 2018. How do I fix this?

Where are you seeing this?

Are you referring to the 2017 AGI?  If so, the AGI is your Adjusted Gross Income as reported on -

Form 1040 – Line 37
Form 1040A – Line 21
Form 1040EZ – Line 4

See this TurboTax Tax Tip for AGI - https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/irs-tax-return/what-is-adjusted-gross-income-agi/L2C6rCEit

patsyp6

Yes, I'm referring to my 2017 AGI and I know what it is.  However, Turbo Tax is saying that since I only earned $1,700 in 2017 that it affects my 2018 taxes since I made more than $100,000 in 2018.  I earned over $60,000 in 2017 so why is Turbo Tax saying I only have an AGI of $1,700.  I filed my 2017 through Turbo Tax also.

Without being able to see your 2017 tax return for the amount shown on Form 1040 Line 37, check to make sure that you do not have more than one account where you may be pulling in from an account that was not used to file the 2017 return.

Close all TurboTax windows on your web browser (including this one).  Copy and paste the account recovery website link onto a new web browser window and run the tool.

Use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of all the user ID's for an email address.  Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If none of the user ID's received will access your 2017 account, then use the option shown in blue on the account recovery website, "Try something else"

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

You have posted the same question 4 times. You can see the confusion that this causes, and the wasted effort of multiple people posting answers.

When you posted your questions you indicated that you are using TurboTax Online. But in one of your other threads, in response to a question, you revealed an essential piece of information that is missing here - that you used the CD/Download software for 2017. That changes the whole picture. See the answer posted by SteamTrain at the following link.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-filed-my-2017-taxes-with-turbo-tax-my-earnings...

Arrrggggghhhh

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies