turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

danneyr

I don't have a w-2, I receive social security disability and VA disability' how do I file this?

Am I using the correct form to file my taxes
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I don't have a w-2, I receive social security disability and VA disability' how do I file this?

I only get SSDI & SSI but I always get a refund on my state tax

I FILED JOINT  i did not to have his VA BENEFITS I only have State Refund

VA disability benefits are not taxable or reportable.

If Social Security income is the only income you earn in any given year, you are not required to file as your income is not taxable

So if VA benefits and Social Security Disability income are the only two sources of income you received in 2015, you have no taxable income and have no reason to file a return.

KatrinaB
Intuit Alumni

Since you do not have a federal filing requirement and you need to file a state return in order to claim a refund, you will need to file that return by mail. Please view the instructions below to do so.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4232481

I didn't receive my social security tax return

How i get my tax return for 2019

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies