turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I didn't file City tax for April 2019 tax filing. How do I go back and file City after I already filed and submitted City and Federal?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Vanessa A
Employee Tax Expert

I didn't file City tax for April 2019 tax filing. How do I go back and file City after I already filed and submitted City and Federal?

Are you in Ohio or NYC?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If you used the ONLINE 2018 program then going directly to the city website to file/fill in the return is the quickest/easiest way ... otherwise you will have to download/install/update the federal and state programming to open and complete one screen in the program IF  the program even handles your city.  Which city do you need to do? 

You must mean you filed a federal and state return.  TurboTax can only prepare a limited number of city returns--is yours one of them?

City Tax Returns

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899325-which-city-tax-returns-can-i-do-in-the-turbotax-state-prog...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Vanessa A
Employee Tax Expert

If you filed a state return with TurboTax for a city that requires you to file a City return with it, this would have been filed.  This is not common as there are only a few states/cities that apply to.

For most people, you would need to go to your cities website or taxing authority to file through their website or contact them to get your local tax forms sent to you. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

if it is a city return that TT does, it will have to be paper filed.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies