Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I did not file taxes last year so I do not hav an agi to enter for 2019. What do I do because it wont let me e file without it?

Can I use my agi from 2018 since I dont have an agi from 2019?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I did not file taxes last year so I do not hav an agi to enter for 2019. What do I do because it wont let me e file without it?

@userwildflowervip   asked: "I did not file taxes last year so I do not hav an agi to enter for 2019. What do I do because it wont let me e file without it?  Can I use my agi from 2018 since I dont have an agi from 2019? "

No, you do NOT use the 2018 AGI.

If you didn't file a 2019 return, then you have no 2019 AGI, so you use an AGI of 0 (zero) when verifying your return when efiling.

NDitty

I entered zero for my 2019 AGI because I did not file in 2019 and I was rejected twice with the same error for incorrect AGI. What now?

@NDitty wrote:

I entered zero for my 2019 AGI because I did not file in 2019 and I was rejected twice with the same error for incorrect AGI. What now?

You will have to print and mail the 2020 tax return.  See this TurboTax support FAQ for how to print a tax return for mailing - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies