Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I did my taxes through turbo tax and it says my federal taxes were accepted but state taxes were rejected. Will I still be able to receive my refund if the state taxes rejected? Or do I need to redo i

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I did my taxes through turbo tax and it says my federal taxes were accepted but state taxes were rejected. Will I still be able to receive my refund if the state taxes rejected? Or do I need to redo i

Federal & State are two separate agencies.  You will still receive your Federal refund since it was accepted.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Federal & State are two separate agencies.  You will still receive your Federal refund since it was accepted.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

If your state taxes were rejected, then they have not been filed yet. 

You will still need to file your state return.

Please see the attached for additional information on fixing the rejected state return. 

How to fix a rejected return 

You do not need to do anything with your federal return as it was filed and accepted.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Both federal and State taxes were rejected.

@revtsai2004   What is the rejection message/code in the email from Turbotax?

MayaD
Expert Alumni

If you received an e-file rejection, don’t worry. An e-file rejection means that some things on your return don't match the IRS database, such as a date of birth or social security number. You’re given the opportunity to fix them and refile. 

How do I fix a rejected return?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies