Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I can't finish my taxes because it says the it's hasn't approved one or more parts of them? How long will it be before I can finish and file my taxes ? Also how will I know when they're approved to be

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I can't finish my taxes because it says the it's hasn't approved one or more parts of them? How long will it be before I can finish and file my taxes ? Also how will I know when they're approved to be

....The IRS hasn't announced when they will start accepting yet.  In the past 10 years or so, they haven't started until ~ 3rd week in January.  One or twice not until the end of Jan.

BUT...for SE folks it could be longer, depending on what forms are needed and when the IRS actually finalizes all their draft forms. Boomark the following URLs to check for when TTX finalizes their software versions of the various Fed and State tax forms.   Some may be finalized later than others.

IRS:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-pe...

States:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/state-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-...

In any case.....Don't file before ~1 Feb, or only after you get ALL of your tax reporting documents or you will regret filing earlier.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

And don't file early!  Last year (for 2018) the IRS put out some late changes and some early filers got tax due notices after they got their refund.  Also if you file in an early batch they get stuck in processing and might even take longer to get your refund.  

And You should wait because you might get a late W2 or 1099 in the mail.  They have until Jan 31 to send you the tax forms.  Or they may send you a corrected W2 or 1099 even later.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies