turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I bought turbotax basic last year to file my taxes and it was adequate. Nothing has changed from last year to this year. Why must I upgrade to deluxe this year?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

I bought turbotax basic last year to file my taxes and it was adequate. Nothing has changed from last year to this year. Why must I upgrade to deluxe this year?

Please visit this link to see the breakdown of what is included in the free version and what is included in the Deluxe version for 2019. If you needed a form or schedule that was only available in the Deluxe version, then you must upgrade. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

Please visit this link to see the breakdown of what is included in the free version and what is included in the Deluxe version for 2019. If you needed a form or schedule that was only available in the Deluxe version, then you must upgrade. 

I filed schedule SE last year using basic, but it doesn't seem I can use that form in basic this year. Is that correct?

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

In TurboTax Online, the Deluxe version or higher is required for Schedule SE - it is not available in Basic.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies