turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

disymack

I bought the cd version but new computer does not have cd drive. How do I download onto new computer?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

I bought the cd version but new computer does not have cd drive. How do I download onto new computer?

You should still be able to install via download and utilizing the license code.  For instructions, please see the Help Article here.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
disymack

Reply upon trying download with liense number "This license code has been associated with another account.  Please check that account and look for it in downloads."  My downloads were from two previous years.  I have always used a CD (for 20 years).  Please advise

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

When you went to InstallTurboTax.com to download, did you sign into your account or create a new one? If you didn't sign in, that could be the reason for this error.

If not, please reach out to TurboTax Customer Care. The best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person to get the help you need is to select the version you are using below. Use the web form and type your question or a keyword.  You will get an appropriate phone number for your issue. (You will not get a phone number if you use the link outside of operating hours.) We're open daily from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM PT.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies