I am unable to enter the IP PIN on TurboTax Deluxe 2018. The screen is not permitting a number to placed in the box. HELP!!!!

Is it not allowing you to deposit any numerical digit at all in the entry box?  Not even a single digit?   Please confirm which particular screen you are trying it on and what Deluxe product you are using--desktop or online.

Or are you trying to enter the 6-digit IP PIN in the wrong place?   It is NOT entered in the File section, which is for a 5-digit filing PIN.

NOTE:   You didn't say if you are using desktop TurboTax or online TurboTax.  All 3 methods work for Online TurboTax.  The first 2 methods work for desktop TurboTax, too, although in the first method in desktop software you may see a link "Jump to IP PIN".

The IP PIN is a 6-digit Identity Protection PIN provided by the IRS to certain victims of ID theft.

Here's how to navigate to enter the IP PIN into TurboTax.  I've listed 3 ways to get to the right place to enter the IP PIN.  You only need to use one method.   You can choose which method works for you the best.

• Log in and open your return ("Take me to my return.")
  • Once the return is open click in the top right corner on SEARCH.
  • Enter IP PIN without quotes then click the magnifying glass
  • It will ask "Do you need an IP PIN?"  Scroll down a little to a button "Go to IP PIN".
  • Next screen asks:  "Did you get an IP PIN from the IRS for this year's taxes?"
  • If you choose "yes", it will have you enter it.   

Or here's an alternate navigation:

• In the left menu column, click Federal.
  • Then at the top Other Tax Situations
  • Scroll down to Other Return Info.
  • Choose Identity Protection PIN and Start (or Revisit.)

Or here's a third way:

• Open your return if not already open.  ("Take me to my return.")
  • Once the return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then choose TOOLS.
  • In the Tools window choose TOPIC SEARCH.
  • Enter IP PIN without quotes.
  • In the selection list highlight IP PIN and click GO.

THANK YOU!  Method No. 2 finally worked.  BTW, I have TurboTax Deluxe 2018 for Mac and I am using it on my desktop on a MacBook Pro.  Your first method simply does not work - no search feature except for the "Help" menu - which is unable to find "IP PIN".

Appreciate the Sunday evening effort!

You're welcome.   I can't comment in regards to the Mac software.  I use a PC.   The Mac version does not have an identical approach to things as the Windows software.

The windows desktop version has a search feature in the top right corner.  When you enter IP PIN (without quotes), and click FIND, you get a result "Jump to IP PIN."

I don't know where the search feature is located on the Mac product, but I'll ask @macuser_22  to comment for future reference.    In any case, it's a moot point since one of the methods (the traditional navigation method) has worked for you.