turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I am trying to pay by credit card will not accept

It's common to end up with multiple accounts. First LOG OUT of whatever TurboTax account you're logged into right now. Then use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of user ID's for an email address. Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used
https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/

LorrainePowers
Returning Member

I am "trying" to update my credit card information but Turbo Tax will NOT ALLOW me to do this.  Do you or do you NOT want my business?  Every year it is IMPOSSIBLE to reach you and I think you must be Moffia and hiding something that will not allow your customers to center your secret.

If I do not hear from you immediately, I will make other arrangements and that is one less customer to pay your salary.  Why is it so difficult?  I followed your instructions but there is no such place to put in "My Account" and then Edit.  It tells me I am rejected.  I guess you must think I am sending you Covid via Internet.

It is too late to update your advantage account for the 2021 program  ... if you do update it then will take affect for the 2022 program next november.  Now this is good luck for you ...   

IMHO  there is no real advantage to the ADVANTAGE program any longer  so just buy the program from a reputable reseller for less  and cancel your advantage account.   Many resellers have discounts on the program and the price usually goes down as the season continues ( cheaper in March than in December) but beware of deep discounts from unknown sources as they could have malware or worse imbedded in them ... if the price sounds too good to be true it is.    AND  all the downloaded programs have all the same forms so save a few bucks and just but the Deluxe (Basic if you don't need a state program) and watch closely as the Deluxe is sold outside of TT  system both  with & without the state program. 

There are only 3 so called "advantages" any longer  ...  https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/advantage/

1) phone support from a dedicated number (word in the forum is you don't get any faster service using that number)

2) free shipping/download as soon as it is available  ( most places give free download ... and you don't really need the CD ever as it only has the beta version of the program on it anyway ... after installation you always have up update it  AND  no one needs the first beta version of the program in November which is not really fully operational until late January at the earliest ... some forms & states  not until March some years.  If you need to do any tax planning for the next tax year you need to use the prior year program which is already fully operational)

3)  free re-downloads for 3 years  ... all sellers do the same or you can always ask TT for another download for free

It is EASY to purchase TurboTax desktop software either directly from TurboTax or from a variety of retailers.  No need to get so upset.

2021 TURBOTAX

CD/DOWNLOAD (This requires a full PC or Mac—-cannot be used on a mobile device)

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

You can also purchase the CD/download from various retailers such as Costco, Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, Staples, Sam’s Club, etc. etc. etc.

This link Where can I obtain authentic TurboTax software? has a list of authorized TurboTax resellers.

When you use desktop software, there is an additional fee to e-file a state return.  You can avoid that fee if you print, sign and mail the state return.  The state e-file fee is $19.99 and increases in March.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/system-requirements/help/minimum-system-requirements-for-turbotax-...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I am trying to pay buy credit card slash debit and my card isn’t being accepted. I need this taken care of asap

@Rononeall74 No one in the user forum can help with that.   If you are having trouble that requires support you need to contact customer support during normal business hours Monday-Friday

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time Monday-Friday.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

checked all entries  looks right to me

@gdaigre We cannot help with this from the user forum.   You need customer support.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time Monday-Friday.

LorrainePowers
Returning Member

I gave up on your inefficient office.

For years I was on the automatic subscription and received my disc in November.  I wanted to update my credit card and order the new form for the 2021 tax filing.  Your inefficient office said they couldn't do it, although they notified me to respond prior to December 6th.  I followed instructions and contacted your office in November.  I even called and spoke with a representative who also couldn't get through.  What are you telling me now?  Either I receive this disc within the next week or I will make other arrangements.

I would suggest you pay your help and hire someone that has a brain and a place to put it!

Be happy you could not update the useless Advantage account ... I would cancel the account so this doesn't happen again next year.    

First, here's to stop your Advantage membership (annual subscription):

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901052-how-do-i-cancel-my-turbotax-advantage-subscription

IMHO  there is no real advantage to the ADVANTAGE program any longer  so just buy the program from a reputable reseller for less  and cancel your advantage account.   Many resellers have discounts on the program and the price usually goes down as the season continues ( cheaper in March than in December) but beware of deep discounts from unknown sources as they could have malware or worse imbedded in them ... if the price sounds too good to be true it is.    AND  all the downloaded programs have all the same forms so save a few bucks and just but the Deluxe (Basic if you don't need a state program) and watch closely as the Deluxe is sold outside of TT  system both  with & without the state program. 

There are only 3 so called "advantages" any longer  ...  https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/advantage/

1) phone support from a dedicated number (word in the forum is you don't get any faster service using that number)

2) free shipping/download as soon as it is available  ( most places give free download ... and you don't really need the CD ever as it only has the beta version of the program on it anyway ... after installation you always have up update it  AND  no one needs the first beta version of the program in November which is not really fully operational until late January at the earliest ... some forms & states  not until March some years.  If you need to do any tax planning for the next tax year you need to use the prior year program which is already fully operational)

3)  free re-downloads for 3 years  ... all sellers do the same or you can always ask TT for another download for free

when I tried to call their help line I got hung up on. Very rude!!!

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

In order to reconnect with an customer support representative, you can follow the instructions here to contact them back. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Bobwebb

I went through all of the suggestion in the 86 entries to this problem and here was the solution: First of all the Intuit program does work, it will only accept a credit card whose billing address is identical to the address in your 1040 form. Make sure the zip code is identical. Make sure the abbreviations are identical. One of my problems was a period after my middle initial that was in the billing address but not where I entered the CC information. So punctuation is also critical. If you make all the corrections CC payments do work.

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

@Bobwebb  Thank you for this information and for assisting our Community. Your contribution is greatly appreciated.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
emsladyems1
Returning Member

I have been trying to pay with my credit card and when I hit processing does not go through days I hit a snag to retry or try later. I have been trying for a week to pay with this credit card that I use everyday with no problem and gave used it before with turbo tax payments on other returns with no problem. Please help so I can finis my return. Also what is a service code ?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies