turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Shelli-W

I am trying to fill out my Farm Income information, but TurboTax is only showing me boxes for 2020. I need to fill out info for 2021. How do I update it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

I am trying to fill out my Farm Income information, but TurboTax is only showing me boxes for 2020. I need to fill out info for 2021. How do I update it?

Are you sure you are preparing the right return? It sounds like you are trying to prepare a 2020 return and not 2021. What Turbo Tax product are you using Online or Desktop? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Shelli-W

I'm using the online version.  I used it last year, and it has my information from last year stored.  I'll need to go back and look, but I believe it was putting my numbers into the 2021 total.  I'm thinking maybe the headers just weren't updated (Schedule F).  Would you be able to look at that?

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

@Shelli-W

I entered data into TurboTax Online Self-Employed and also observed that the title of some columns displayed different tax years than what I was expecting.

I followed the income and expenses through to the 2021 Schedule F and the 2021 Federal 1040 tax return.  The numbers appeared to flow correctly.

Did your 2021 Federal 1040 tax return also update correctly?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies