Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gaca525

I am ready to e file my Fed & State but I was not asked to give my IP pin. What should I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

I am ready to e file my Fed & State but I was not asked to give my IP pin. What should I do?

You no longer need a PIN number from last year to electronically file your return as the IRS did away with this verification method.  You will need your 2018 AGI (Adjusted Gross Income) as the IRS is using for security verification.

If you used TurboTax last year you can view your 2018 AGI by selecting Documents on the left hand side of your screen.  Select View Documents from: Select 2018 on the drop down menu.

OR

You can obtain a copy of last year's tax transcript online using IRS link:   Transcript 

OR

If you have a copy of your 2018 tax return, your AGI is located on line 7.

2018.PNG

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Bees
Level 7

Were you a victim of identity fraud and did you get an IP Pin from the IRS? 

https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/get-an-identity-protection-pin

here is TT entry https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/how-do-i-add-or-remove-my-6-digit-ip-pin/0...

Disclaimer: Not a tax professional. Information gathered from internet links. Anything dated in June 2019 was posted in prior years and is before the 2019 limits and changes.

WAIT ?

PIN  (5 digit) ?

or IP PIN  (6 digit)

The "IP PIN" Is in a special place in the Federal section...on the Other Tax Situations page

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies