turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am military. Why was I charged $110 do to my return? I was not charged last year, I didn't not pick any new upgrade option? I used TurboDeluxe just like last year

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

I am military. Why was I charged $110 do to my return? I was not charged last year, I didn't not pick any new upgrade option? I used TurboDeluxe just like last year

Any and all enlisted active duty military and reserve personnel are eligible for the Military Discount when purchasing the TurboTax Online product (Free Edition, Deluxe, Premier, Self-Employed). 

• The Military Discount means that TurboTax Online is free for enlisted active duty military and reserve personnel.

The Military Discount doesn’t include any TurboTax Live products (Basic Live, Deluxe Live, Premier Live, Self-Employed Live). 

Officers, non-commissioned officers, warrant officers, veterans, and non-enlisted service members don’t qualify for free TurboTax Online discount at this time.

See What can I do to reduce my fees?

More info:

Source: TurboTax FAQ

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Spartanwarrior1
Returning Member

I was charged and I am military.

@ Spartanwarrior1 wrote:

All enlisted active-duty military and reserve personnel get free Federal and state returns with any edition of TurboTax (except for the Live products).   The offer does not include any optional add-ons such as Live TurboTax, MAX, etc.    One has to enter a military W-2 and answer all the military-related questions.   Officers are not eligible, but can possibly use another free product (TurboTax IRS Free File Program).

Have you already paid?    If so, and if you were eligible but incorrectly charged, here's how to reach TurboTax Support:

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Or use this contact form:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

Also see DoninGA's comment below for additional info.    If you haven't yet paid, you might be able to correct it with the info he provided before filing.   Otherwise contact TurboTax Support for assistance.

@Spartanwarrior1 wrote:

In the My Info section of the program did you indicate you were active military?

Did you enter a military W-2 in the Wages & Income section of the program?

After entry of the W-2, on the screen for Uncommon Situations, did you check the box for Active duty military?Military W-2 Uncommon Situations.JPG

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies