Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kayla7490

I am married. We both had TurboTax before marriage. So we have prior separate accounts.I begun our taxes on my account but we filed on his. Mine is still showing incomplete. How do I get it updated to

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am married. We both had TurboTax before marriage. So we have prior separate accounts.I begun our taxes on my account but we filed on his. Mine is still showing incomplete. How do I get it updated to

there can be only one a/c for a joint return.  since you started in your a/c, hopefully, you re-entered all your data into his a/c.  if not your joint return is probably wrong.   your a/c will always show incomplete unless you delete it.  While you're in your account and the 2019 return, simply click at the top where it says "My Account" and then the drop down menu will give you an option stating "Clear and Start Over". This will delete your return 

And going forward -- you only need to use ONE account to prepare your joint returns.  Keep a record of how to access your old account in case you need to check on anything from the past someday, but you will not use it any more.  When you file a joint return everything must be on the same Form 1040, and that can only be done by using one account.

Best wishes!

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies