turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mohansen

I am getting a message that says my CA state tax return could not be e-filed because "the Intuit Electronic Filing Center is not open for the season yet." Crazy!

Seems like a software bug to me.  Any suggestions?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I am getting a message that says my CA state tax return could not be e-filed because "the Intuit Electronic Filing Center is not open for the season yet." Crazy!

Maybe it should say, "the Intuit Electronic Filing Center is not open for the season any longer."

Unless you previously filed before Oct 15 and it was rejected then 2019 e-file ended on Oct 15.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
mohansen

It goes on to say "We accept 2019 California Personal tax returns starting 01-27-2021 06:00 AM.  We'll see you then!"

Needless to say.  Not helpful.  Moreover, when I tried to just e-file my federal tax return, thinking I may need to physically mail my CA return, I received the same message.  Very disappointed in Intuit at this moment.  

mohansen

Intuit has posted plenty about e-filings still being accepted until the end of the month.  If the deadlines are different for each state, perhaps there could have been a note about that.  In any event, as I posted in a reply above, when I removed the state return from my intended e-filing, I still received a message the e-mailing failed due to the fact that my CA return could not be e-filed.  Very disappointing.   

E-filed returned that were previously filed and *rejected* can indeed be re-efiled before Oct 31.  New tax returnes can only be paper filed.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

That is a typo ... it  means to say the 2020 returns can be efiled next year  not the 2019 returns. 

GabiU
Level 15

@mohansen Are you still receiving this message? If Yes, are you willing to post a screenshot so I can alert the product team? Please remove all personal information from the screenshot if you post here. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies