turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

franco13

I am finalizing my 2020 Federal return with additional taxes due. There is no option to enter the May 17, 2021 deadline just extended by the IRS.

When will Turbotax update the new federal tax deadline - May 17, 2021
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

I am finalizing my 2020 Federal return with additional taxes due. There is no option to enter the May 17, 2021 deadline just extended by the IRS.

The IRS E-file Servers have not yet been updated for Tax due payment dates up until 5/17/21. TurboTax's product team expects to hear when The IRS will have their e-file servers updated on Monday, March 22, 2021. At that point, changes to TurboTax can be made. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Fazel

Hi It is after March 22nd, and the TurboTax software is not updated yet. I was wondering how I can e-file for May, 17th?

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

We are still waiting on some changes to be made to allow the 5/17 payment date to be accepted via e-file. You can Sign up here for updates.

Please see this for more information: Why am I unable to choose payment dates after 4/15/2021 for taxes due

@Fazel

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies