Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am a ssi recipient and my benefits are paid directly into a direct express debit card each month. Is that how I will receive my stimulus payment?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

I am a ssi recipient and my benefits are paid directly into a direct express debit card each month. Is that how I will receive my stimulus payment?

According to information on the IRS website regarding the stimulus payments, Social Security recipients will receive their stimulus payment in the same manner as they would normally receive their benefits.  

IRS - Economic Impact Payment

Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients will need to register to receive the stimulus payment if you are not otherwise required to file a tax return.  You can use the TurboTax Stimulus Registration to provide your information to the IRS, including your direct deposit information.

Use the following link to get started.  Go to the orange Register Now button that you see as you scroll down the page.

TurboTax - Stimulus Check

@amm2983_65

[edited 4/10/2020 | 9:15 am PST]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If u have the turbo card will my payment go on my card? Or do I have to change my info. 

if you have a regular checking account or savings account, use it.

I'd never ask to have the stimulus go on one of those cards.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies