turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am a federal employee that moved with PCS orders in 2019. According to Civilian PCS Tax Law, my PCS entitlement is taxable. Where do I enter this info in TT?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
KrisD15
Employee Tax Expert

I am a federal employee that moved with PCS orders in 2019. According to Civilian PCS Tax Law, my PCS entitlement is taxable. Where do I enter this info in TT?

What form is it reported on? Were taxes withheld? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I filed the amended W-2 for the value of my PCS as a second W-2, as it is considered income.

I do have a related question:  Is the value of my PCS move taxable in the state of Georgia which is my home of record?  I note that state taxes were not withheld.  

KarenJ2
Expert Alumni

I can find no information stating that your PCS move is not taxable in Georgia.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Similar circumstance, civilian federal employee, PCS move in midyear DC to CA. W2 for that PCS move payment (to the movers) lists the cost as wages, and withholds FICA, Social Security and Medicare, but no state tax withheld. Is it not taxable in California? If it is, I need to add this to the state income for CA? Thank you very much   EDIT--found my own answer, so here it is for anyone else in my situation:

From California FTB 3913 instructions,  "Do not include
in income the value of moving and storage services provided by the
government because of a permanent change of station. Similarly, do
not include in income, amounts received as a dislocation allowance,
temporary lodging expense, temporary lodging allowance, or move-in
housing allowance."

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies