turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gs2

how to get deceaced parents 1099's

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

You'll need to explain more.   And there are many types of 1099 forms--1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-R, 1099-MISC, 1099-B, etc.

What are you doing?  Preparing their 2018 return?  Another year?

gs2

yes tring to prepare 2018 filling. Did not receive any 1099s trying to see if turbotax will get them but don't have access to phone or email account was set up on. Interested in how to get 1099 from social security?.And a 1099r.

You wrote:  "Trying to see if TurboTax will get them." 

I'm still not sure what you are expecting in regards to "if TurboTax will get them."

You wrote:  "I don't have access to phone or email account was set up."

What are you trying to get into?   Are you trying to get into your parents' online TurboTax account from last year?

Oh, are you wanting to import the 2018 Form 1099's from financial institutions into a 2018 TurboTax return you are preparing?   In order to do that, if your parents had online financial accounts, you would need to know the parents' online account usernames and passwords at each financial institution that would have provided them a 1099.  

You can ask each payer to provide a copy of the 1099.  Phone each one and ask what is required to get one due to the death of your parents.  They may require various documents.

If I'm not understanding all the aspects of your issue, you need to still explain more.

You could talk to the IRS and see what is required to order a deceased person's 2018 "Wage and Income Transcript", which would have info on any 1099s that payers reported to the IRS.   I don't know how they would handle that with your folks being deceased.

coachtax03
Returning Member

1099s are a record that money or valuables or property was transferred from someone or some company to your parents. Do you know if that happened? Then I would call them. Why do you need to find them? Do you need to file a tax return for them? What would happen if you didn't? Are you in some kind of contractual position to file for them? Maybe look at previous years Tax package. Possibly names of previous 1099 ers are there. Call them. Especially if you think the have a refund coming. Looking at previous Tax packages will tell you about previous refunds or       money owed ....UGH!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies