turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to attach form 8453s to efile corporate tax return. Is there anytime table for the repair

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies

How to attach form 8453s to efile corporate tax return. Is there anytime table for the repair

is there any timetable for fix

No, there is not as of yet. If they stick with their normal schedule, though, it could be late next week.

"how to attach form 8453s to efile corporate tax return"

Unfortunately, the latest update has completely broken the attachment functionality (it is missing entirely).

This issue has been reported and you will have to wait for the developers to implement a fix. 

You can always file by mail which is by no means ideal, of course, but it is an option.

langerjp

I needed the 8453 PE attached.  It wasn't working Friday.  It is working today after the update. Thank you!
da25

This was reported June 2019.  Today is March 2020.  I still cannot attach form 8453s to my Federal Tax form.

How do I attach the 8453 S from my desktop to the tax form?

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Form 8453-S is not available for e-filing. See: IRS forms availability table for TurboTax Business

It can be paper filed. From the File section, switch to mailing the return.

@cscoma

getclay
Returning Member

I go through this every year with Turbotax, and it is just a simple one page form that we sign.  I am frustrated because it is readily available on the IRS website for a couple weeks now, and what the heck is Intuit thinking?  Seriously, one very standard and common form, and nothing ever gets done about it by Intuit until enough people complain about it.

The statement that Form 8453-S is "not available for e-filing" is misleading.

In TurboTax Business, the form is printed, signed, scanned, and then uploaded as a file so the 1120-S return package can be e-filed.

The delay is typically short between approval and the e-file acceptance date. For example, TurboTax will start accepting e-filed returns on 1/24/2022 and Form 8453-S will be available on 1/28/2022.

getclay
Returning Member

Still makes no sense to me, that we can e-file on the 24th, but can't e-file until the 28th when the form is ready by Intuit.  Again, it has been approved and sitting on the IRS website for several weeks now.  

@getclay wrote:

Still makes no sense to me, that we can e-file on the 24th, but can't e-file until the 28th when the form is ready by Intuit.  Again, it has been approved and sitting on the IRS website for several weeks now.  

The form has to be approved for use in the program (TurboTax Business).

Look closely at the form in the program; there is a code at the bottom.

getclay
Returning Member

Can you please clarify who approves it?  I downloaded the form already from the IRS website, and the Feds approved it already for the public to download and use on their website.  

@getclay wrote:

Can you please clarify who approves it?  

The IRS. Forms and schedules have to be submitted and approved for use in tax preparation software.

getclay
Returning Member

OK, that makes sense.  Thanks for explaining it.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies