turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I request a refund from Intuit for an rejected efile with TurboTax Deluxe?

How do I request a refund from Intuit for an rejected efile with TurboTax Deluxe? Clicking Contact Us on the website does nothing. I merely want to have the fee charged for efiling refunded as I had to mail the forms instead of efiling. The return was for a deceased person whose SSN was locked and therefor ineligible for efile.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

22 Replies

How do I request a refund from Intuit for an rejected efile with TurboTax Deluxe?

There is no extra e-filing fee with online TurboTax.  The fee is the same whether you e-file or mail the return in an envelope.  The fee is for using the software to prepare the return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@xmasbaby0I used TurboTax Deluxe which does charge you to efile. I did not use online turbotax so your answer does not apply to my circumstances.

If you are referring to the desktop software , there is a state e-file fee of $24.99-- is that what you mean?  That is the only e-file fee for using TurboTax.  If it charged you for state e-filing, contact customer support for help.  

Use the word "billing"  -- not "refund."  

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

They are available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time 

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
LungNghe
Returning Member

Hello,

My order [removed] tax year 2020 status e-file paid $25.00 but got reject.  How do I request a refund from Intuit for an rejected e-file with TurboTax Premier? 

Thank you,

Thoa

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

You can contact our customer service at TurboTax contact

@ LungNghe

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

How do I request a refund from TurboTax. I was doing my taxes in March and at the end we got it finished

Why do you need a refund? You post doesn't say anything.  You finished it?  Did you file it?  What is wrong?

No this was not a rejection! It was a error on you guys's part. I was doing my taxes in March with you everything was going good we got to the end of it and it said I was done and you said I was done I signed I  supposed to sign and sent it I believed. 2 weeks later I had a funny feeling I had better check my taxes and I did and it said 1 years paper came up that I was almost done I'm going what I finished that!! Then after double checking it and I found that I had not 2 our pages to fill out and final send. I did not see this and was not informed that I was not done I had been told congratulations you're done.  Now it was past the $50 fee and do it with you guys it was going to be more expensive. I was so mad I even sent a message how mad I was now my taxes were going to be late and I was going to have to pay more to you guys! I talked to an agent just recently she gave me a case number for 480 3 9 8 1 2 1

The agent sent me back here because there was a problem with the time that thing I should have had it sent in March not after the price went up it was kind of weird and fishy. Was two pages that I had to sign and it was done well I've been told it was done in March. Also I was not told that any stimulus checks would be deducted out of my taxes! What a shock to find that I'm only getting $500 instead of $1989! Please let me know what's going on Julie Nicosia

Testing testing are we on

My hands are killing me from arthritis I can't hold the phone anymore I keep saying the same thing same thing and you keep sending me back to this area

nov

I could not  efile a prepaid Hawaii return. Please refund the prepaid amount of $20.90. 

@nov wrote:

I could not  efile a prepaid Hawaii return. Please refund the prepaid amount of $20.90. 

You will have to contact TurboTax support for any billing issue - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

I am trying to Efile  my grandaughter's  state return to get a refund but when I enter the bank information the program keeps deleting it and asking for it again. I didn't have this problem with the federal return. I can be reached at [phone number removed]

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Here's a thread with information on a possible solution to your issue.

I've received the "Oops We’re having a little trouble processing your billing info... 

If you continue to have issues, please don't hesitate to contact customer support.

What is the TurboTax phone number? - Intuit   ​​​​​

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies