turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

haymes12

How do I report interest income below $10 and no 1099-INT? Turbotax will not complete interest income with Fed number.

Without Federal Identification Number
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Hal_Al
Level 15

How do I report interest income below $10 and no 1099-INT? Turbotax will not complete interest income with Fed number.

Enter it at the 1099-INT screen, even though you do not actually have a 1099-INT.  TurboTax will ask if the payer provided a Fed number (Employer Identification Number- EIN).  When you answer no, it will let you proceed without it.  

haymes12

I do not see: Turbo Tax will ask if if the payer provided a Fed number.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

When you click the button to add a 1099-INT, when it asks for a bank or financial institution sign in, click on "I'll type it in myself".

Fill in the boxes on the next screen (you will notice that none of them ask for the institution's FEIN).

I suspect that you @haymes12 are using the Online software whereas Hal_Al is using the desktop software, and, unfortunately, the interviews sometimes vary between editions.

@haymes12 let us know if you have any more problem with this.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
haymes12

I am using the online version.  When follow the instructions in your response, the interest income category says "Needs Review" and will never include interest income in my income total.  Even if i say I will type it myself, the FEIN block is there.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies