turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I report a bug? Is there a bug reporting procedure? My state tax believes I have 3 statements of a 10XX, but actually I only have 1 version.

(1) While doing my Federal taxes, I kept messing up one section and going back. Consequently, I wound up downloading a form from my bank 3 times. When I reviewed my Federal return, I saw that this form was being included 3 times. I realized the glitch, and I went back and deleted them. (2) When I moved on to do my state tax return, the interface kept telling me I had three versions of that earlier form from my bank. It even populated my paper return (the pdf) with the same amounts repeated 3 times. I was unable to delete the forms (only edit them), so I went back and started my state return again. No luck. Same problem. In the end I told turbo tax that the amounts on 2 of the forms were all zero. On the final pdf, there were the correct amounts from the form and the other "ghost forms" all had zeros. Not a great solution, but better than having the same values repeated three times on my state return. (3) This is clearly A BUG--and I'm sure it's not limited to my state. I imagine many people mistakenly download a form from one of their institutions an extra time or two. That state returns can't delete these copies/duplicates is frustrating.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

How do I report a bug? Is there a bug reporting procedure? My state tax believes I have 3 statements of a 10XX, but actually I only have 1 version.

Have you tried clearing your computers cache and refreshing? This may help. Help with doing so has been provided below. 

How do I clear my cache (browsing history)?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies