turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I open a partially completed 2019 tax data file? Turbotax is installed on my computer and up to date, and the saved file is large, but only 1 page opens in forms.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

How do I open a partially completed 2019 tax data file? Turbotax is installed on my computer and up to date, and the saved file is large, but only 1 page opens in forms.

What?  You are posting from TurboTax online.  TT online does not have Forms mode.  Only desktop software has forms mode.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

You can peek at only  the Federal form 1040 and the summary of the state info by going here:

1) lower- Left side of the screen...click to the left side of the "Tax Tools" text selection.
2)  then select "Tools"
3) then select "View Tax Summary" from the pop-up
4) then back to the left-side and "Preview 1040"

Then hit the "Back" on the left side to get back to your tax entries.

To view your entire return using the online editions (including the state) before you file, you will need to pay for your online account.

To pay the TurboTax online account fees by credit card, without completing the 2018 return at this time, click on Tax Tools >>> Tools  and then Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  On the next page, to pay by credit card, click Continue.  On the next screen it will ask if you want Audit Defense, if you do not want this option just click on the Continue button.  The next screen will ask for all your credit card information so you can pay for the account.

Or....did you purchase and download desktop software but stray into online TT by mistake?  We see that happen sometimes.  Did you "log in" with an account and user ID?  If so you are NOT in desktop software.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

No, I am trying to use the installed version on my computer. I have been buying and using the CD version for 15 to 20 years, and last year and this years programs have been difficult to get to run. Last year I solved the problem by buying a new computer running windows 10. (Turbotax 2018 wouldn't run on windows 7) TurboTax 2019 ran OK 10 days ago, but today will not open the file I worked on last week, or start a new file. I have uninstalled it, and will reinstall later. perhaps a fresh start will correct the problem. my antivirus and windows software are up to date.

when I clicked on the help link for the installed program, it took me to the online screen and I had to log in then.

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this situation.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Anonymous
Not applicable

where have you been buying the CD's - a legitimate source?

does your system meet the following requirements?

Operating System

2019: Windows 10, Windows 8.0/8.1. Although TurboTax 2019 will install on Windows 7 (Service Pack 1 or later), we strongly recommend upgrading your operating system before installing. More info
2018: Windows 10, Windows 8.0/8.1, or Windows 7 (Service Pack 1 or later)
Administrator rights are required to install and run TurboTax.

Processor: Pentium 4 or Athlon or later

Hard Drive Space

2019: 2 GB, plus up to 4.5 GB for Microsoft.NET 4.5.2 client if not already installed
2018: 650 MB, plus up to 4.5 GB for Microsoft.NET 4.5.2 client if not already installed
RAM

2019: 2 GB or more recommended
2018: 1 GB or more recommended

2018 TT should have run on win7. 

for 2019. if you have only the minimum amount of ram and a slow processor, having other programs open will slow TT.  another reason could be using a hard drive that has little free space. laptops typically have slow mechanical drives usually 5400 rpms while desktops typically are 7200 rpms.  

before contacting support do an uninstall,   reboot, reinstall including getting  updates then reboot   

most likely this is what they will tell you to do.

if you get any error codes    write them down for support

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies