turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do i leave a review of turbo tax

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

156 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

You can do it the same way you asked this question.

Bjustc

I’m wondering too. 
it’s as if they don’t want your option made public. 

Bjustc

No I would like to leave a review where customers can see before they decide. 
turbo tax this year is AWFUL and TWICE THE PRICE. 

This was never answered. Is there a link I could use? The snarky response is not sufficient.

theraubb

I don't doubt they don't want the reviews public. Last year they charged me without filing my taxes, and this year they plan on doing the same. They say that they charge "Just for filing out the forms" when my forms are mostly autofill. It's a bait and switch. They charge people for a product even if the product is different than what they say it is or somehow not functional.

theraubb

I'm interested in knowing the answer to this as well. Turbotax thinks it's ok to charge people even when they don't deliver on services. And I want to leave a review, and I see all of these five-star reviews...but no way to leave one. Seems kind of suspicious to me. Anyways, after my experience this year, I'm complaining about them to the BBB.

I'm in agreement with others. I was loyal to TurboTax for the past 6 years but I could not in good conscience recommend them to my worst enemy.  I entered my information in the user-friendly UI as I always do.  When I got to the last step, to review my information, I found that TurboTax had literally changed the information I had entered for charitable contributions.  It had given me the option to import charities I donated to last tax year - and I chose the ones I had donated to again.  I spend HOURS gathering the info on money, miles, and items donated and entering it directly into TurboTax.  When I went to the review, I found it had associated my donations with incorrect organizations.  It even listed some organizations I did not donate to in the past year, which I had chosen not to import, and it did not display all of the charities I had entered information for.  It's like there are some keys messed up in the database.  I promptly contacted them and the service representative clearly didnt understand that the problem is the fault of TurboTax.  She suggested I start over.  Why would I waste hours again when there is zero reason to believe they've fixed the problem?  I've tried to contact them several times, since I've already invested so much time in their product, but they're unresponsive.  Based on the fact that they don't even provide an option to submit a review, it makes me wonder what they're hiding... 

At the end of the day, if your tax software actually changes the information you enter (potentially screwing up your return and making you likely to get audited) why in the world would you ever use it?  Makes no sense.  Operations like that make companies go out of business... 

ds_tax

I too am really disappointed.  I have a family of 4 who has used the desktop version for almost 10 years.   Last year I switched to online.   WHAT A MISTAKE!!!

Now my wife and I each have to pay to submit our return and so do my two university student kids.   The desktop version still covers multiple returns.

Feel the same way, there help is redicless or not existing. Doing my taxes was a nightmare needed help with a few question the came up, but it seemed no one wanted to help , question where only answer with automated answers , click on this link or this link but not explained nor specific detailed information , to return was rejected 3 times and no one wanted to help to find out why. As I finally found out what was wrong , my Tax return was filled Feb 16 and I just got today May 3rd my refund. In the mean time I ask why it took so long and why I couldn't see the status of my refund on the IRS website to be told , we don't know you got to call IRS but I was billed by beginning of April. Even at this point nothing was process by IRS! And another surprise my recovery rebate was denied by the IRS , so I called Turbo Tax to be told we don't know call the IRS , WHAT DID I PAY FOR? FOR NO SERVICE NOTHING I CAN DO ALL THIS BY MYSELF AS I DID! NEVER AGAIN! 

TO FIND OUT AFTER HOURS OF SEARCHES AND CALLING THE IRS, my recovery rebate was denied as the IRS issues a stimulus check in paper form on Jan 6,2021 I never received. 

This is a joke that as customer you do the leg work and TURBOTAX cashes in!

Olajah

I agree I won't be using them next year for sure.

Cab1999

I agree completely with everyone. I’ve been using TurboTax since 2017 and recommending it to family and friends. This year I happened to not have entered my 1098t so I wanted to go back to amend it and they prompted me to put in my card information before I could review my final results so I did and then realized I wasn’t getting back what I was getting back through other tax softwares so I didn’t efile or print anything. Their return policy clearly states that if you’re not satisfied and you have not efiled or printed anything then you will get your money back. After filing a return request 5 times and never getting even an email back I have come to the conclusion that I have been scammed out of $175 dollars for something I did not use. It really sucks, and I won’t be using or recommending TurboTax to anyone ever again. If you see this forum, please do yourself a favor and go with a different software that is much more reliable, transparent, and cares about their customer service. 

Coleen, everyone here is clearly irritated with the product and we want to leave a review. How hard is it to answer your customers' questions? Why are you trying so hard to hide your price gouging and synthetically inflating your customer reviews? 261,000 reviews? Where do they come from?

DomD
Level 1

Amen to that.  TurboTax 2020 was TERRIBLE - if this was the first time using Turbo Tax I'd NEVER buy it again and I would STRONGLY suggest to friends and family to avoid Turbo Tax.  Wish I knew how to tell Intuit directly

Colleen: Your response was rude and uncalled for. You should be ashamed of yourself as a tax professional. Your customer service is absolutely horrible. You should be fired.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies