You will need to contact both companies for your missing forms. If you did not make enough to receive a 1099-MISC, they will not send you a form. However you can still enter your income in TurboTax using the instructions below:
- Click Federal Taxes > Wages & Income
- Scroll down to Less Common Income
- Go to the last selection, Miscellaneous Income and click Start
- Go to the last option, Other reportable income and click Start
- Answer Yes to Did you receive any other taxable income?
- Enter the description and then the amount.
If you receive a Uber tax summary, follow the instructions below to enter your income and expenses:
- Go to Federal > Income & Expenses
- Scroll down to See all income. In the Self-employment section, click Start next to Income & Expenses
- Answer Yes to Did you have any self-employment income or expenses?
- Continue through the interview to enter your business information.
- When you get to the Let's Review Your Work Info screen, make sure everything is correct and then click Looks Good
- The next screen will give you the option to import your Uber tax documents. Click Skip this.
On the Let's get income for work screen, select Additional Income (this covers income not reported on a tax form). Click Continue.
- Then enter your gross earnings and the amount on the next page.
- Proceed through the rest of the income interview until you get to What kind of expenses did you have for Rideshare driving?
- Select Vehicle to enter your mileage and Other miscellaneous expenses to enter your Uber partner fees and then click Continue.
- On the next page, click Start next to vehicle to enter your vehicle information. When you get to the Vehicle Summary page, click Done.
- Scroll down and click Start next to Other miscellaneous expenses. Enter Uber Partner fees in the description and the amount. Click Continue.
How to report Lyft and Uber income
Tax Tips for Uber, Lyft, Sidecar and other Car Sharing Drivers FAQ
Still have questions?Make a post