Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bergame

How do I get a refund from Turbo Tax for Electronic Filing fees i paid? IRS says i must file by paper.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

How do I get a refund from Turbo Tax for Electronic Filing fees i paid? IRS says i must file by paper.

The TurboTax fees are the same whether you efile your return or print it and mail it. In other words, there is no additional fee for efiling your federal return so therefore there is no refund for filing paper instead of efiling. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

there are extra fees if you efiled state but that shouldn't have been possible unless you e-filed fed. 

If you used the Online web version the fees are to prepare the returns whether you efile or print and mail.  Efiling is free and included.

If you used the Desktop CD/Download program you get 5 free Federal Efiles.   It is 19.99 or 24.99 to efile state or you can print and mail state for free.

Andrew J
Returning Member

I purchased a state e-file, but was unable to file electronically due to a flaw in the TurboTax program.  This is adding insult to injury.  How do I get a refund for e-filing fees charged to my card?

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

You may still be able to fix your return and file it electronically.

Sign in to your TurboTax account.  You will see a button that says Fix my return

Once you select that, the program will walk you through the steps or information needed to be corrected to fix your return. 

Please see the attached for additional information. 

How to fix a rejected return 

If you have already filed and had paid for the e-file using the downloaded software, please use the following link to contact us.

Let the agent know what happened and they will be able to assist you. 

Contact TurboTax 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If you paid the fee to efile your state return using the CD/download product installed on your computer and were unable to efile the state return, you can request a refund from TurboTax support: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-contact-turbotax/00/26991

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies