cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

How do I get a refund from Turbo Tax for Electronic Filing fees i paid? IRS says i must file by paper.

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 11

How do I get a refund from Turbo Tax for Electronic Filing fees i paid? IRS says i must file by paper.

The TurboTax fees are the same whether you efile your return or print it and mail it. In other words, there is no additional fee for efiling your federal return so therefore there is no refund for filing paper instead of efiling. 

Level 17

there are extra fees if you efiled state but that shouldn't have been possible unless you e-filed fed. 

Level 11

If you used the Online web version the fees are to prepare the returns whether you efile or print and mail.  Efiling is free and included.

If you used the Desktop CD/Download program you get 5 free Federal Efiles.   It is 19.99 or 24.99 to efile state or you can print and mail state for free.