turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I find out if I have any other 1099 misc pending?

AS unclaimed lotteries or prizes?
How do I find out?
Can you help me?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

You can find out by contacting the IRS.  But you must do so after the IRS reporting deadline has passed for the business or entity that may have mailed you a reporting document.  The IRS phone number:  1-800-829-1040.

Form W-2G, Certain Gambling Winnings, is mailed to the taxpayer by January 31, 2018.  However, the payor has until April 1, 2018, to report your winnings to the IRS.

1099-Misc, Miscellaneous Income (other than box 7 income), is mailed to the taxpayer by January 31, 2018.  However, the payor has until March 31, 2018, to report this income to the IRS.

If you feel you are missing documents, you can call the business and ask if a Form W-2G or 1099-Misc was issued to you.  If you are uncertain, prepare your tax return and report everything you have.  If any income missing, the IRS will send a letter to you.

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

If you are unsure if you have more 1099-MISC forms to receive then you will have to wait until the time period expires for the forms to be provided

IRS regulations require that all 1099-MISC be sent to the recipients are sent by  January 31st for Form 1099-MISC with an amount in box 7, Nonemployee Compensation. The filing due date for other Forms 1099 & 1096 remains February 28th, 2020 if filing by paper, and March 31st, 2020 if filed electronically. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Does this mean wait until after Jan 31 or wait until March 31? 

The payer has to send it to you by Jan 31.  But you need to report all your income even if you do not get the 1099Misc.  You don't have to wait for the 1099Misc.  You can enter your total self employment income from your own records.  As long as you report the same amount as all  the 1099Misc you get or more it's ok.  Only the total goes to schedule C.  

Did my 1099 go thru

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies