turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kmh92

How do I file a complaint, with TurboTax without having to pay to talk to someone about a mistake they have made on their end?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
MarilynG1
Employee Tax Expert

How do I file a complaint, with TurboTax without having to pay to talk to someone about a mistake they have made on their end?

Click this link for FREE Phone Support.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What was the mistake?  Have you already filed?  Maybe we can help you fix it.  It is usually an entry error by the user.

5472lc

Incorrect filing status.  I’m single, no dependents, not a dependent.  I sent in amended forms per IRS request/requirements in March.  They have ‘no information available’ is the message I receive upon contacting irs.

5472lc

Please hold your desire to report ‘usual’ activity.  I need resolution regarding my Specific issue.  I’ve followed procedure as instructed by the IRS to rectify the mistake - TurboTax made - to no avail.

Not sure how you think TT made an error ... the MY INFO section is totally dependent on the user to answer the questions properly ... Single is the correct filing status AND marital status  if you are unmarried  and the question about you being claimed as a dependent  is only something you can answer ... the program cannot see you or your situation to make that determination ... if you do not understand the question the program has blue LEARN MORE links to click on ... the user must avail themselves of all sources presented to make the best choices.    

All you can do now is amend the return to correct the error ... amended returns this year will take 4 to 6 months to process so patience will be needed. 

claim as a dependent.PNG

@Critter-3 @They are scamming folk yet again file a complaint to the Attorney General office in your state I've already contacted mine Josh Shapiro is PA's I had my return screwed up by the software they are using they added state returns that I don't file for state i do not reside in.   Filing suit against them they are charging $300 for a single W2 and one state return with only ACTC AND EITC NO extra submissions or anything form wise they same thing last year for $230.02  single w2 that is it they scamming the folks who are already suffering like really

YOU must be doing something wrong if you only have  one W-2 form  and are using the TT FREE version (not any of the other versions where you can "start for free"  and pay later )  and are being charged for the return.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/file-your-own-taxes/#see-pricing ....

1.jpg

If you have not paid for the online edition you are using, have not filed your tax return or registered the Free edition, then you can clear your return and start over with a lower priced edition. Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen while working on the  online tax return. Click on Clear & Start Over.

Unless you have something else you are not talking about then why do you continue to use the TT program at all ?    If your AGI is $73K or less then you should be using one of the IRS FREE FILE options and not TT ...  https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

My AGI is $15k n change and I absolutely used the free file link i had and I at the end was swamped by a bunch of notifications saying I need to file under some deluxe which I decided to decline and the software added a Maryland return and I don't file any MD ones ever o live in Pennsylvania  and I did everything correctly and how would I be wrong one w2 is all you get if you work ? I file a federal and state PA return thats all with EITC AND ACTC  credits claimed and if you read the qualifications that is literally the the definition of what is a free file qualified return but after I said no to everything which I don't understand why it popped up in my taxes since I was filing the free file link  it added all that nonsense about $290 + for 2022 same with 2021 1 w2 and I was taken advantage of for another $230.02 lol they are refusing to give it back so then I have no choice but to report it like they just finished a suit because of exactly this issues with thousands of people who have been led to something that was a lie and trickery really no OTHER explanation 

Maybe you were lucky because I file free file only the past 2 years have I had issues and only through these joke of a tax software option  all them promises were what led me here to be bent over and taken against my knowledge  and if it was only $49 I'd honestly not fight to get it back but were talking about $530.02 for 2021 and 22 they got me bad lol 

Call the 800 number for assistance.

@Dru1587 

ALWAYS  go to the IRS.GOV website to link in for a TOTALLY FREE FILE option and nowhere else.  The FREE FILE options open mid January so just be patient.  https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies