turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

techr412

How do I correct an entry that was made during the review process? I'm highlighting the area, and I'm not able to put in the correct information. I'm stuck here.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

How do I correct an entry that was made during the review process? I'm highlighting the area, and I'm not able to put in the correct information. I'm stuck here.

Can you provide some more details on what the correction you made was?   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
techr412

When the Review was done on the Federal, an address on a 1099 needed to be entered. The wrong state for the payer was entered. I didn't notice this until the zip code that I entered kept getting rejected. i went back to the original place that the information was entered and it was correct there. I was hoping I could correct the problem going there. Then I tried highlighting and deleting and that didn't work.I tried highlighting and right clicking thinking I could delete it that way. Nope.  So, i deleted the 1099 thinking that if I reentered the data, when the Review was run, it would have the correct information. That didn't work. I'm stuck at this point. I cant file my taxes until this is fixed. 

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

You already took the basic steps for correcting it (correcting it in the interview mode and deleting and reentering), so the next step would be to delete it again, log out, clear your cookies and cache, log in, and re-enter the 1099. 

Here's how to clear cookies and cache:

Each browser has a slightly different method for deleting cookies. Choose the browser you're using:

A full or corrupted cache can cause problems in TurboTax, so sometimes you need to clear your cache (that is, remove these temporary files).

Here are the official instructions for the most popular browsers:

Apple's official support site doesn't appear to contain instructions for clearing the cache in Safari. Your best bet is to search the Internet for clear Safari cache or similar search terms.

@techr412

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies