turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

amosad08

How do I complete my filing for the stimulus check when I have no income? I am currently stuck on the state section of filing and am unable to continue.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AlanT222
Expert Alumni

How do I complete my filing for the stimulus check when I have no income? I am currently stuck on the state section of filing and am unable to continue.

You do not need to file an income tax return to receive a stimulus payment.  To register for the payment, please go to https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Brittntiff2000
Returning Member

If I applied for the stimulus check using TurboTax and it says my state got rejected what do I need to do

DeanM15
Expert Alumni

The state return will have no effect on your federal stimulus payment. You should sign in and correct the return anyway. 

The IRS is not using state information to send out the stimulus payments. I would sign into your account and follow the link to correct the rejected state return. 

@Brittntiff2000

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies