turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How do I change my username on my account

Yes, I would like to change the name shown in the forum.  It is now currently the same as my log in username.  Which is my name.  Which I would rather not have posted in cyberspace.  Can I change the displayed name?

Yes I would like to change my screen name.

This is incorrect.  This post should be removed.

This is incorrect.  

You updated your log in username, or your screen name shown in the forum?

Your answer appears to be incorrect.

Can log in USER NAMES be changed?  The instructions you posted do NOT allow this.

Can forum SCREEN NAMES be changed?  The instructions you posted do NOT allow this.

@jamesmac007 wrote:

Can log in USER NAMES be changed?  The instructions you posted do NOT allow this.

Can forum SCREEN NAMES be changed?  The instructions you posted do NOT allow this.

A log-in user name is your Intuit User ID.  That can be changed in your Intuit account settings.  To do that sign into Online TurboTax and in the bottom of the left menu column click on Intuit Account.  Then in the accounts settings go to the section "Sign In and Security" and you can edit the Intuit User ID.

As for the forum screen name, that is just a public display name for this community forum.  While you can't change it yourself, a Moderator can, and there is a special thread at the link below to request such.

To do so,  just post a request in that special thread, and a Moderator should see it and help you.  It may or may not be this weekend.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/get-started-in-community/help/how-do-i-change-my-profile-username-...

Note:  Changing the forum screen name does not change your Intuit User ID log-in name.

tcartax18

I want to change username, password, and email information but I don't have any Edit functionality. How do I accomplish this?

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

To change your username on your TurboTax account, please see the information here for assistance. If you need to change your email address associated with your account, you can do so by following the instructions here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies