turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Returning Member

How do I carry over 2017 depreciation deductions into 2018 turbotax business? both are desktop CD versions

or do I have to manually list all of my last year's asset depreciations?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

How do I carry over 2017 depreciation deductions into 2018 turbotax business? both are desktop CD versions

@6544 wrote:
or do I have to manually list all of my last year's asset depreciations?

Yes, you do have to list all of the assets (enter them into the Business edition) since there is no method that will allow a transfer from the TurboTax personal income tax preparation products into TurboTax Business.

Returning Member

Thank you for your response. This carry over is from a 2017 tubotax business CD to a 2018 turbotax business CD. Your answer mentioned no carryover from a turbotax personal tax return. This return concerns a 1065 partnership return.  Does your advice to manually record these previously listed assets still apply?

I apologize, but the first thread you started mentioned something about transferring from TurboTax Home & Business to TurboTax Business.

Regardless, carryovers should transfer from the 2017 Business program to the 2018 Business program without issue. In the event assets being depreciated did not carryover, you can try transferring again. If all else fails, you should try contacting Customer Support (link below) prior to entering the assets manually into the program.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Carl
Level 15

If you used TurboTax Business 2017 to file the 2017 Partnership Return, then if using TurboTax Business 2018 to file a Partnership return you will have the option to import data from the 2017 Partnership return. If you elect to import that data, then the program will take care of all this stuff for you.

Note that the import option *MUST* be the *FIRST* thing you do when the program prompts you with that option. SO if you didn't import at the beginning, the only possible way to import now is to delete the .tax2018 file and start over.

Returning Member

Thank you very much for your very informative response.

Returning Member

Thank you for your outstanding, informative, and encouraging response.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies